Avast 6 Beta
After update to avast 2011, at now avast be releasing a new version of avast 6. Avast sill beta version available for public testing before it’s officially released so you don’t need serial. With new big features is AutoSandbox, Avast 6 sandbox allows the program to run, while keeping track of which files are opened, created, or renamed, and what it reads and writes from the Registry. These permanent changes are virtualized, so when the process terminates itself, the system changes it made will evaporate.
What’s new in Avast 6 Beta, Main changes/improvements:
- AutoSandbox – suspicious programs will be optionally run sandboxed
- avast! WebRep – browser plugin for website reputation rating; a combination of data from our virus lab and community voting
- Script Shield now even in the Free AV
- Site Blocking now even in the Free AV
- SafeZone – a special virtualized area for sensitive transactions (e.g. secure online banking) (paid products only)
- Restore factory settings command (Settings -> Troubleshooting)
- Automatic actions in the boot-time scan
- New compression method in the installer makes the setup packages about 20% smaller.
- Script Shield now functional even with IE8/IE9 Protected Mode
- Sidebar gadget
- Improved stability/compatibility of the Behavior Shield
- Improvements in the avast! sandbox
How to install it Avast 6
Just run the setup executable (links above). This version needs to be installed from scratch, i.e. updating from a previous version of avast won’t work. This will be fixed relatively soon – however, for now, the only option is to really uninstall the version you’re using (if any), reboot, and install this beta.
Download Avast 6
Free AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.945/setup_av_free.exe
Pro AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.945/setup_av_pro.exe